Saturday, May 24, 2008

The things I learned today...

Usually, people wait until after an event to pause and reflect on the things learned. However, 1 man going it alone with 2 dogs and 3 boys for 4 days can learn a lot even 1/2 way thru. Here is just a sampling of what I've learned so far.

1) It takes roughly 30 minutes sans mom for the word, penis, to be uttered in conversation. After dropping Sheri off at the airport, we didn't get back to the house until 5:30pm. So, we "called an audible" and decided to take advantage of Cecil Witticars Tues & Thurs pizza special. It was during this meal that Nelson declares, "Dad, wouldn't it be funny if God made boys without penises?" Perhaps it's the 6 years of parenting that helped me keep pop from going up my nose and reply with a straight face, "He already does, we call them girls."

2) Taking the kids to Grant's Farm does not help the headache you woke up with. Neither does the 2 free Bacardi's you had while there. Enough said on that one.

3) When kids are entertained, they forget about eating a snack. Kids who don't get a snack eat as much as men. Probably due to my headache, I got carried away with the peanut butter and ended up with 7 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for me and the boys. I added 2 ziplock bags of chips, and drinks for the kids. I came home with a hand full of chip crumbs. Maddox ate 1 entire sandwich, and countless chips. Cooper, Nelson, and myself each had 2 sandwiches and the rest of the chips, along with the beverages.

4) A magical ingredient can make naps longer. No, I'm not talking Benedryl, or some other sedative, I'm talking the magical ingredient of Mommy and Daddy's bed. Maddox fell asleep before we left the Grant's Farm parking lot at 12:15. I was still struggling with my headache when we got home 45 minutes later and Maddox thought he was finished resting. So, I put in a movie for the older 2 boys, and hopped in bed with Maddox. He woke me at 4pm saying, "Na" (snack) and, "mmph" (milk/drink).

Now with my headache gone and Maddox fully energized, we should be able to have fun with Xbox after dinner.





1 comment:

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Dude! You went to Grant's Farm and you didn't call me???

- Penisless and Proud