Friday, May 23, 2008

If this is vacation, send me back to work!!

I love my wife, but I was looking forward to having her gone. I couldn't wait to spend Thursday night, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and all day Monday with my boys. We were going to wrestle, go to Grant's Farm, have a picnic, play outside, play Xbox, watch a movie, laugh at fake fart noises, etc, etc. But most of all, I was looking forward to dropping my honey-do-list, and finally knock some stuff off MY to-do list.

Then, I remembered, oh wait. All that free time I thought I had would now be spent making breakfast, cleaning up breakfast, making lunch, cleaning up lunch, making dinner, cleaning up dinner, and that's just the must-do, survival-mode stuff. I'm hoping to convince my wife that nothing says welcome home like a laundry room full of clothes, but I can pretty much guess that it will go over like a lead balloon. Considering the condition of the house after just one day, I figure my best bet is to apologize early, apologize often, and proudly declare that all 3 of her children are not only alive, but all in one piece!

So, how did my "vacation" day go? Well, I'm glad to say that I did it. On my vacation day, I not only did the above, but I also showered... twice. And as any stay-at-home mom can attest, one shower alone makes a day successful. But I also mowed the lawn, cleaned out the inside of the van, (finding my phone charger, and a small order of french fries in the process) shoveled and moved 20 wheelbarrows full of mulch around our yard filling in holes so I don't roll my ankle again, put Maddox down for 2 naps, took pictures of it all, introduced Nelson to worms, kept the boys so busy that they only fought once, gave myself and Cooper a slight sunburn, ran errands to Lowe's and Target, watched a movie with the boys, ate ice cream, and put them to bed.

I'm sore.

I'm also going to bed early. Grant's Farm is on the agenda tomorrow, and then I'll have to clean the mud off the kitchen floor from 4 boys playing in mulch all day. So I'm going to bed, but I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of the boys, touting their new haircuts and helping daddy today.







2 comments:

Erin said...

I find this post hysterical.

Ferris Family said...

Hey baby, thanks so much for the pictures!!! I hate the haircuts, they make the boys look too grown up. :)
Have fun at Grant's Farm!
I love you.