Monday, May 26, 2008

The things I learned today... (Part 2)

Look! I think that's Mommy coming to see me!

Not quite, but ALMOST!!

T-2.5 hours until Sheri arrives at the STL airport. I have had more fun than originally planned with my boys, and I got more accomplished than I thought I would. Plus, I can tell Sheri had the time of her life, because I only got 3 phone calls the entire time she was gone. Usually I get more than 3 phone calls a day, so I figure it's "Mission Accomplished" all the way around.

As for the things I learned over the 2nd half of the vacation:

1) It is still possible to have fun on rainy days. We colored, put puzzles together, watched a movie with ice cream, played Xbox, made Mommy a "Welcome Home" sign, etc. You just have to use your imagination.

2) When Mommy's not around, Maddox is a snuggle-bug!! I loved every minute of this. I know Sheri tires of endlessly picking Maddox up whenever he wants, but it's been 4 days now and I've not tired of it yet; and mostly due to the newness, there isn't any end in sight!!

3) If you plan ahead, church on Sunday is possible. I got the diaper bag and the outfits together the night before. But Sunday morning, I still had to get myself and all 3 children fed, showered, dressed, one down for a nap, the kitchen cleaned up, and still be at church an hour early to open the building and set up for the service. It's still a bit of a blur, but I now know what Sheri means when she says, "I feel like I was wearing my Supergirl cape today!" (Except, I don't cross-dress.)

4) I need to clone my wife! Hey, we back up things that are important to us, our mp3's, pictures, data, we even build a financial "safety net". I think having a Sheri backup is just smart planning. I survived this weekend, but only because there was an end in sight. Don't get me wrong-- I'd do this again in a heartbeat, but I would not enjoy doing this on a full time basis. I don't mind helping around the house, but I loathe doing it alone.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Travis,
I'll be your Sheri-backup. ;)