Tuesday, May 13, 2008

No more denial...

There is a baby coming in less than 4 months whether we are ready or not. I've been putting off getting the room ready, getting the clothes organized, and just general baby stuff for quite a while. I realized this past weekend, this is about the time that I went on bedrest with Maddox for 2 months. After a few strong contractions last night we decided it was time to come back to reality and start planning for this baby. Tonight Travis and I are meeting at Babies R Us to just wander (without kids because Caroline is the best last-minute babysitter around!) and see what we "need" before this one comes. I did go to the cosignment shop today and pick up a new baby monitor since our boys managed to break the last one. I also took the changing pad and diaper pail out of the room and cleaned them. (No, Maddox isn't potty trained or anywhere near it! We don't use the pad anymore, we just change him on his bed). Their room looks like a real "big boy" room. No more baby stuff... It was kind of bitter sweet. I also started looking at "coming home" outfits. If it's a boy, we have plenty, if it turns out to be a girl... YIKES, I've got nothing!!!!
*Sheila, you may have to come down with Mom in August. You know what I'm growing and I know you've been shopping.

1 comment:

Rozema Family said...

I was wondering when it would hit you like a ton of bricks! Hey, I'm a great painter! Just let let me know a time! Also, I'm a fantastic shopper! I would love to go with!