Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday was our new pastor's first Sunday at our church. We had a welcome/Mother's Day lunch immediately after the service. I was so grateful for Travis! He assembled the entire luch so that I wouldn't have to be in the kitchen at all. (Usually chuch lunches are my "job") After lunch and clean up (which all the men did) we came home for naps. I slept almost 2 hrs, it was great! I woke up to Travis and the boys cleaning the family room and putting laundry away. All the boys (including Travis) then took me out to dinner at O'Charleys. I had ribs and steak, they were amazing!!!! We came home, put the boys to bed. and our friends came over for X-box/visiting time. We had french silk pie, made fun of the boys lack of shooting skill while playing Ghost Recon and called it a night.
The Gifts... I know you want to hear about those. The boys each made me a coffee mug in Sunday School. They took white mugs and put stickers all over them, I drank coffee out of them all day yesterday. The boys also gave me my final baby charm for my necklace. I had to laugh when I oppened it... It was an August baby (We are due Sept 2) and it was a girl. Cooper told Travis they had to get the girl one because they don't have a baby sister yet. He thinks if we buy girl things it will make the baby a girl... I guess he's going to have to wait another 16 weeks to find out if his theory is right. Travis got me tickets to see the final showing of Jersey Boys next Sunday night. He even arranged babysitting for the boys! All I have to do is get dressed up and decide where we are going to dinner before the show. I'm very excited that he planned the enitre date, leaving no detail hanging.

Cooper and Nelson giving me a Mother's Day hug. I had countless hugs from them and loved all of them!!!!

Maddox and Daddy enjoying their Mother's Day dinner. We discovered shortly after I took this picture that Maddox doesn't like drinking out of his sippy cup when the other boys have straws. He kept trying to trade cups with them. Now we'll have to get him a "big boy" drink when we go out and leave the sippy cups for home and in the car.

1 comment:

Steph R. said...

me and my sister and my gramma are seeing the Jersey Boys tonight and 8pm

also am i not a babysitter for you anymore?