Friday, August 03, 2007

WOO HOO a new project with Lindsay.

I love summers. Lindsay isn't teaching, my boys don't have much of a schedule, and I can take the days as they come. The boys were cooperating this morning and playing quietly together, and I was catching up on some iPod upkeep and enjoying my serenade by Barry (Manilow). The phone rang and it was Linds, we were able to chat for almost 45 minutes. I was able to "shop" with her at Kohls; always a good time. By the way, Linds, I hope the pants screamed loud enough to go home with you.
While on the phone we were talking about cooking. We both really enjoy it, but some days it turns into a necessary evil. For me, cooking is a time to relax and forget that I'm a mom. It's hard to forget some days with Maddox pulling on me and the older 2 boys constanly asking for snacks or when dinner is going to be or what it's going to be. For Linds, it's hard with a husband who comes home at a different time every night and a daily schedule that's not always predictable.
She was asking me about the Cornish Hens that I made for Sat. Celebration last week. I then started asking her about some new seafood dishes she made. We came up with a BRILLIANT idea. A blog we can both author and share our new recipes on. When you have a minute or two, go to http://crazycookingwomen.blogspot.com/ and check out our newest project.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I want to play, too! :)

Lindsay said...

The pants and I had a meaningful discussion. I told them what I wanted out of our relationship: I am in it for the long haul and don't want to be disappointed, I need them to always make me look good and never tell people I look fat, I need them to always make me feel beautiful. The pants told me they were on sale, which was almost enough. I told them I'm holding out for a better sale, but either way I was willing to start the school year with them, when I was done with my summer fling.

I'll post the seafood recipes this weekend. I'm really geeked!

Ferris Family said...

Erin, you can play, but only if you post the gooey butter cake and drunken berries recipe.

Van Lente Family said...

I will bookmark the site!! Sounds like my kind of place!!
Niki

Keith and Kathryn said...

All I have to say is you are two brilliant ladies! :) Keith thanks you, too!

Ferris Family said...

Kathryn, send me your blog link again. I want to see the kids!
sheri.ferris@att.net