Thursday, April 16, 2009

It won't be like this for long...

This phrase is so true! It has especially been brought to light in the recent weeks as a country song by the same title climbs the charts. Who would have thought that Hootie from Hootie and the Blowfish had a country album in him?!?!!
Anyway, I have to remind myself that sooner than I care to admit I will have 4 children grown and out of the house. No more during the night cuddles, no more play-doh stuck to the area rugs, no more crayons on the wall, stove, dishwasher, fridge, floor...
Today I have to remember that this is only a season, a short season, when looking at the life before me when it comes to my kids.

Olivia is going to sleep through the night and I'm going to miss rocking her at 3AM and whispering "mommy loves you so much" in her little ears.

Maddox is going to stay in bed longer than 6AM and stop coming into my room to say, "mommy, I like you."

Nelson is going to leave the house without a cape or blanket tied around his neck like a cape.

Cooper is going to be "too cool" to sit on my lap and listen to stories about when he was a tiney baby and we would sing the song "Cooper Boy" to him (words and music by us at 2 AM when he was 10 days old).

Yep, I'm going to miss it all!!!!
Days like today make me long for missing it, but then I have to remember, "it won't be like this for long"
http://http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAhpbYpfxOY

1 comment:

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

There was a time when I honestly believed I'd have to drop Ryan off at college with a box of Pull-Ups.