Saturday, April 18, 2009

Divia and Max

Saturdays in the Ferris house usually consist of Maddox waking up about 6-6:30, and strolling into our room, where he snuggles while I go back to snoring. Somewhere about 7am, he gets tired of that and goes back to his room to wake his brothers.

But this Saturday, I bribed him from waking his brothers by promising him a snack (in big kid terms, that's breakfast). I stumbled out of bed like a sailor coming out of a bar at 2 am. I had only managed to get one eye open, and was having difficulty navigating over the dogs, past the laundry basket of clean clothes that didn't get put away last night, and over the kids shoes in the hallway. I tried masagging my left eye open by rubbing it harder, but it was unrespondsive and felt paralized. As bad as I wanted coffee, it was too dangerous to attempt in my state; I would have to find another way to bring myself into coherency before I could wake up with a cup of joe.

By this time, Maddox has already ran down the hall and is in the kitchen throwing a fit because his snack had not appeared out of thin air and wasn't waiting for him at the kitchen table, and at the same time, I am greeted by the headache-inducing cries of my daughter indicating that she's awake.

Survival instincts are amazing. I can't tell you how I survived taming the hunger beast of a 2 year old, all on a few hours of sleep, with one eye open, a child glued to my hip, and still managed to keep Mommy and the older 2 asleep, but somehow, it happened, and it was well worth it because I got to see Maddox becoming a big brother.

All throughout breakfast, "Max" as he calls himself would talk to "Divia" and she would wait till he finished, and start cooing back to him. After she finished, he would say something else, and so the conversation went on, back and forth for some time, so I decided to grab the camera and capture the moment.

If you wake up with bed-head like this, you either have the worst hangover ever, or just had the best night's sleep in the world.



Apparently, Maddox liked breakfast. He old me it was "2 thumbs up"!


No comments: