Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My turn

Thanks to modern technology, and my parents, I'm able to blog from my vacation ( I mean hospital room). My parents brought their laptop and St. Luke's Hospital is nice enough to provide the Wi-Fi.
As I sit here looking at Olivia, and have allowed the last 26 hrs to set in, I'm still shocked, amazed, and in awe. It's a girl... Something I never thought would be uttered to me within seconds of giving birth. I fully expected an Oliver! But, gosh, now that I have Olivia, it's just sureal. She's so different than the 3 boys, but so much like all of them!!!!
For instance, she has Cooper's dark thick hair, and only wieghs 2 oz more than he did at birth.
She has Nelsons love for cuddling. So much so, we have to get her almost naked and really angry before she'll even think about eating. As for how she's like Maddox... She has his temper and strong willed-ness. She waited and waited to come, and then took the next 1.5 hrs screaming about being here. Really, I'm not kidding 90 minutes of screaming!!!!
I've been able to spend a lot of time with just her. Travis has been amazing with trying to keep the boys in a routine. He even got the older 2 fed, dressed, and off to school without a hitch this morning.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so glad you're getting some one-on-one time with her today, since I hogged her most of the day yesterday.

Your baby girl. What a special bond the two of you will have. I can't wait to watch as you grow together.

I love you both!

(And she's not joking about the 90 minute scream-fest. I've never seen anything like it!)

Anonymous said...

Sheri,
I'm so excited about baby Olivia! She is adorable and something tells me she has TONS of cute clothes coming her way! Welcome to the world of raising a daughter..it should prove to be quite the adventure :)

-Jenna

Rebekah Weinrich said...

Yay! I can't WAIT to see her! Oh yeah, I already have :). Can't wait to see you guys again, then. Let me know if you ever want me to come over to help with the one or two littlest ones for some early afternoon NAP TIME for Sheri!

Hugs, Rebekah

Erin said...

Ok ... it's been two full days now since I've seen her! I need a baby O fix. Send some pix my way. :)