Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Ferris Family St. Patrick's Day celebration

We broke a long standing tradition this St. Patrick's Day. Travis and I have always gone to Mulligans Pub for a yummy dinner and enjoyed listening to the bagpiper. However, last year we realized doing that with 3 kids was very difficult. We had to get there really early (they don't take reservations), the bagpiper was annoying rather than enjoyable, the kids were cranky, and the meal was just rushed. At 8AM in the morning Travis and I decided we would make our own Irish feast. The boys and I ran to the grocery store, picked up the necessary food and It was all in the slow cooker before 9:30AM. We had a relaxing, enjoyable dinner.

The table all set, complete with as much green as Travis and I could create. Green juice, green smashed potatoes, and for desert we had mint chocolate chip ice cream.
The banner Travis made at work. It's shamrocks and the Ferris crest. We found out about 4.5 yrs ago that the Ferris family can be traced back to Ireland.Corned beef, green smashed potatoes, cabbage, and carrots, I really enjoyed my meal! Maddox loved the mashed potatoes!!!! The boys each ate a Ruben sandwich with minimal complaining, they both declared the cabbage,"a little bit gross".

2 comments:

K.M.L said...

Happy Easter weekend. I tagged you for a meme...check out our blog! :)
-Kasey

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

You make Corned Beef and Cabbage? You're a better wife than I am!