Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We were a St. Louis snow casualty.

We were hit head on last night. Our van is totalled. I have 4 carseats stacked in the middle of my living room floor, 3 kids home on a snow day, and I'm trapped.
We were sitting at a dead stop waiting to turn left into our subdivision. A car turned left in front of 3 lanes of traffic, cutting an SUV off. That SUV, swerved to miss the car, and hit our van head on. Now we get to play the waiting game. We already called our insurance company, that was a 2 hr adventure. Now we have to wait for his insurance company, we can't do anything becasue on the police report it states that his policy # is "pending" that means he didn't have his insurance card on him.
What can you do? Pray!
Pray this goes smoothly.
Pray we get a rental fast.
Pray we find a new minivan that we can afford. (mine was less than a month away from being paid off)

8 comments:

Keith and Kathryn said...

OH NO!! I'm glad everyone is okay, but I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this. I will be praying for all of those things!

K.M.L said...

Sending prayers your way....glad everyone was okay.

Katie said...

Oh no, friend!!! I'm so sorry!!!!

Chrissy said...

Are you guys alright? I'm assuming you would've told us otherwise in your post. I'll be praying.

Ferris Family said...

Chrissy, we are all okay. 2 of the 4 kids were sleeping when it happened. Nelson was pretty shaken, since he saw it happen. I'm pretty sore this morning from where the seatbelt and airbag hit me.

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Let me know if you need to get out or if I can bring you anything!

The DeVries' said...

Goodness! That cannot be fun for anyone. Thank GOD you are allright!!! I hate being trapped in, but at least you all can snuggle and count the many blessings you do have!!

Rozema Family said...

OH NO!!! I had no idea!! Oh no. . .poor you! You and your family have had your share of "NOT OUR FAULT" accidents! YIKES!