Friday, December 26, 2008

Wii pathetic-ness

Travis and the boys got a chance to sit on Santa's lap and they all asked for their favorite toys. Cooper wanted Transformers and Webkins, Nelson wanted a Batmobile and Star Wars guys, and Maddox wanted a choo-choo. Travis, on the other hand, asked for a Nintendo Wii.

Needless to say, the boys and Travis were exstatic when Travis unwrapped a Wii controller with a note saying that the rest of the gift was downstairs; and I'll have to admit I was able to join in the excitement when I found Wii Fit game with my name on it.

I haven't had a chance to try out the Wii Fit yet, but so far, I've learned a couple of things...

1. I can't play baseball to save my life.
2. I'm glad that in tennis, you can take more than 2, 3, or 4 swings at the ball.
3. If you get 6 strokes over par on a hole in golf, the game will tell you to give up on that hole and try the next one!!!! On the 3 hole game, par 12, I finished with a 22.
4. When doing the Wii fitness (agility, coordination, balance) test, I am as fit as a 54 year old! Watch out mom and dad, I'm only a year younger than you...

But, there is a silver lining- I rock at Wii Bowling! Travis had a personal best game, even getting 2 strikes and a 9 in the 10th frame, achieving an all time high score of 154. Unfortunately for him, this was my score in the 8th frame, and I finished with a measly 196, to cap off a best of 3 win. I was proud of him though, he congratulated me on a good game, before muttering something about going upstairs to salvage what's left of his ego. All I heard was the sound of his feet going up the steps when I asked him for best 3 of 5!

No comments: