Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Recent irrational thoughts...

I have had 2 major irrational thoughts in under 2 weeks. I know what's causing them, however I can't stop them. I am suffering from severe sleep depervation (thanks Maddox for willingly going to bed at night, now you just have to work on staying in there and staying quiet past 4 AM) and severe pregnancy hormones. This is the first pregnancy that the hormones have been really noticable to me. I'm sure if you ask Travis they were very present with the 3 boys as well, I just never reall noticed them.

Thought #1: I'm going to cause Maddox to have autism. Yep, I truly think this, ponder it, and allow it to keep me up at night. The older 2 boys recieved the MMR shot at 15-18 months, had a fever for 2 days and then were perfectly fine. Maddox is now 21 months old and I have been avoiding making the doctor's appointment convinced that once he has the shot he's going to go to the corner, rock back and forth, and have autism. I know, CRAZY!!!!! Thankfully, Nelson has to have a Kindergarten physical and when I called to make the appointment for that the nurse pulled the other charts and automatically made an appointment for Maddox. She also talked me off the autism ledge.
Thought #2: Maddox is going to have Lyme Disease. Again, I had myself completely convinced of this about 2 hours ago. I was changing his diaper after breakfast and noticed a tick on his chest. I couldn't see the head, the area around the tick was red and I couldn't get it to come off of him. I called Travis absolutely freeking out!! My stomach was churning and I was talking myself out of throwing up. Travis stayed very calm, told me to pack up tweezers, peroxide, and Maddox and come out to see him after bringing Cooper to school. On my way out there I called my sister, mom and sister-in-law. Sheila and my mom laughed with me (or at me) because I also admitted to them that while talking to them I was crying I was so upset that Maddox was going to have Lyme Disease. Melissa (the doctor) informed me she'd never had to remove a tick from anyone in her years of general practice or time at the urgent care clinic... GREAT, I'm on my own... We get to Travis, he calmly takes Maddox out of his carseat, lays him on his lap, removes the tick, puts the peroxide on it, kisses him and puts him back in the carseat. All of that took place in under a minute.
The good news, I averted Lyme Disease today!!!! The head wasn't burried completely, Maddox is now napping comfortably (I'm sure he was just as comfortable with the tick in his chest). Now I just have to survive the MMR next week...

1 comment:

Erin said...

Poor Maddox. He's just not going to be as cute with Lyme Disease and autism. ;)

you best be buying that raspberry paint, woman.