Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rain, rain go away...

And take my bad attitude with you!
Everytime I turn around, there is a new mess, a new cirsis, or a new fight between the boys to referee. I understand a lot of this is the size (or lack there of) of the house, the age of the boys, and the weather.

I am truly amazed at the ability the older two have of starting a fight or crisis within minutes of waking up! I'm talking coffee isn't made and breakfast isn't even on the table and these two are yelling, screaming, and hitting eachother. I'm starting to dread the first 20 minutes of the day. I also notice that the way they act and feel really affects me. I may wake up feeling really rested and ready to start my day and as soon as I break up that first fight I'm ready to call it a day and climb back into bed.

I also think I have 3 of the most talented boys. No other children can empty dresser drawers onto the floor as quickly as these 3. I can spend days doing laundry, folding it, and putting it away. They can take minutes to pull it all out, have it in a pile on the floor, and be screaming that they have no clean clothes in their drawers! ( not all 3 complain about no clothes in the drawers. Maddox doesn't have enough words to complain about that) Of course you don't , they are all on a pile on the floor!!!!

Cracks in foundation are no fun. They cause water to slowly leak into the basement and under the flooring. No one will look at it until it's dry so as not to seal moisture (causing mold) into it. Well, the rain hasn't stopped in forever! Right now, the new solution is for so much rain that the walls just get too wet and cave in, causing us to take the insrance pay off and buy a new house. (Not really, but I'm thinking it would be the easiest solution right now)

I'm really excited to have my mom and dad come in this weekend, maybe I'll even duct tape the kids to the couch long enough to clean (and keep the place clean until my parents get here).

1 comment:

Rozema Family said...

BREATHE, BREATHE, BREATHE. . .ah screw it, SCREAM, SCREAM, SCREAM!!!