Tuesday, April 08, 2008

FI-RE...FI-RE...FI-RE, FI-RE, FI-RE....

So goes the chant for the Chicago Fire. Since my dear brother-in-law took my April 1, 2008 (aka April Fool's) post literally and purchased tickets without my knowledge, I'm keeping my end of the bargain and sending him the ultrasound pics so he can ascertain for himself what the ultrasound technician saw... or didn't see in the case of a girl.

Meanwhile, I'll be annoying Sheri and practicing the above chant, and a couple of their other cheers, for the next two weeks so I'll be ready when we go to the game on Saturday, April 26th and see the Chicago Fire play host to the Colorado Rapids. We're sitting 10 rows from the side lines, at what would be the 35 or 40 yard line if this were a football game. You can imagine that I'm pretty stoked about it!!

On the other hand, Sheri, being pregnant and all, is mainly excited about the stadium hot dog, nachos and hot pretzel she will be consuming during the game. Don't get me wrong, she enjoys soccer with the best of them, (and actually understands the "off-sides" rule)-- but let's be honest, we could be watching a jump rope competition and she's not going to care, just as long as I get her a stadium dog topped with relish and mustard, nachos with cheese in the standard 1 jalapeno:1 dipped chip ratio, a hot pretzel light on the salt with extra mustard, and a large Diet Coke. Anyways, at least Toyota Park will have something for both of us!


No comments: