Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I have failed...

As a stay at home mom, I have a very high standard set for myself as a mom, and for my kids. I expect exceptional behavior, engaging conversation, and appropraite interaction and play. I have "centers" set up all over half of the family room to encourage different play. We have Little People for towns and imagination, dinosaurs, cars (with a road rug) a small table with crayons, pencils, paper, coloring books, and play-doh, and a closet full of games and jigsaw puzzles. I try to find time every morning and afternoon to get on the floor with the 3 boys and engage them. However, lately, when I set up the Little People town, which takes a lot longer now that Maddox has found the joy in knocking everything down, or set up the dinosaurs, or want to make cards for someone, all they want to do is play X-box or watch a movie. I should be grateful that a 27 inch box can entertain all of them for so long... But I'm not.


4 comments:

Erin said...

ummm ... one of those kids doesn't belong to you.

Ferris Family said...

Nope, they are all mine.

Rozema Family said...

boob tube . . . the thing i swore L wouldn't watch until she was 2 . . . Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Anonymous said...

Maggie only seems to be interested in sports or animal shows and of course ALL the commercials. So it can be educational too. Lots of times we just leave it on for background noise and play anyway. Continue on my Stay-At-Home-Mommy-Hero!