Saturday, January 05, 2008

A big boy...

Maddox learned to walk a week ago. Today he made another "big boy" milestone. He got a bed! Travis took down his crib and we put up the toddler bed. I think Cooper and Nelson were more excite than Maddox! (truth be told, they were just excited to see the Elmo sports bedding again) Maddox loves his bed. He gets up on it (with some help) and crawls from one end to the other with his doggie and pacifier just squeeling with delight. Let's hope he sleeps peacefully tonight! He didn't nap at all in the bed this afternoon, he just laid in it and cried on and off for over an hour.

7 comments:

Erin said...

What a big boy!

Dan and Amanda said...

This cracks me up b/c our poor Mallory is 3 and we still have her in a crib. We had serious "issues" transitioning Maddy to a big girl bed and I'm petrified to go through it with Mallory. I might give it a try come spring.... :)

Amanda

Ferris Family said...

We only did it becasue I was sick of Cooper pulling Maddox out of his crib in the morning. It was turning into a safety issue. Maddox hasn't figured out that he can get out of the bed, he sits up and cries until someone comes and gets him down.

Shanelle said...

We're needing to make the switch too and I'm dreading it. Here comes 2 sets of bunkbeds in one bedroom, OY!

He looks adorable in his big boy bed!

K.M.L said...

I can not believe how big Maddox is already! Hopefully the bed will continue working!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm having the same problem with Macy. Ever since I changed her over to the toddler bed she hasnt slept worth a crap! You have more experience with this than I do, HELP!

Ferris Family said...

Megan, be strong!!! You must win this battle. Keep putting her back in the bed. It's exhausting, I know. With Cooper and Nelson, we put a baby gate at their door, that way they couldn't wander. With Maddox in the room with them, we can't do that. The older 2 get up to go to the bathroom during the night too often.
I hope Macy figures it all out soon!