Friday, December 07, 2007

Nelson's Christmas Program

Nelson had his big Christmas program last night. Like the 3 yrs past, it was the night of the first St. Louis snowfall. In the past I've gone to this program to see a camel, a wiseman, and a camel again. (the preschool and Pre-K classes do the program together. Cooper has done this program 2 times and now Nelson has done it 2 times.)
For the first time, one of my kids had lines! Nelson was so excited. He was the Inn Keeper. He had the daunting task of telling Mary and Joseph, "No room". He delivered his line with confidence and clarity. Now if only we could say the same about his singing... He sung most of the songs, and from what I could tell, had most of the words right too. There were moments that he was just lost in thought, or something. I would like to think he was thinking of the Christmas story and just lost in the awe and miracle of it all, but I know better than that.

No comments: