Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fun in Orland Park

I packed up the four kids early on a Monday morning and drove up to Orland to spend a week with my family. We packed tons of baby holding, great-grandma visiting, swimming, and party-ing into the week and had a great time!!!!!

EARLY EARLY Tuesday morning. Seriously, butt-crack of dawn. It was 4AM when the youngest 2 woke me up and by 4:50AM the older 2 joined us for some Littlest Pet Shop meets Little People Western Town fun.
Doesn't Liv look tired in this 5AM picture?
How about this one? Notice the DARK that's outside the family room windows? Yeah, I watched to sun rise. I would have rather not seen that.

Maddox held and cuddled Claire, and loved it!

Liv got some Claire cuddles in too.

Great-Grandma came for pizza Friday night. We (my mom, my grandma and myself) worked for over 30 minutes to get Liv to say, "yes please" when we asked if she wanted an M&M. We would ask, "Do you want an M&M?" She would say, "Uh-huh" or nod. We would ask, "Can you say, 'yes please'?" She would say, "Uh-huh", or nod. She knew exactly what we were saying and exactly what she wasn't saying. She knows the phrase, "yes please" she spent the afternoon saying it in the pool while I would fill a water gun for her to spray her brothers with.


My boys all worked really hard at perfecting their mad swimming skills! I was so proud of them by the end of the week. They turned into fish. By Saturday morning they were doing front flips off of the diving board! Maddox only went in one time without his floaties, it scared him just enough to remember to put them on before leaving the deck. Olivia had zero fear of the pool. She went down the slide and would just jump into any one's arms, or no one's arms from the side of the pool.






We ended our week at my cousin's housewarming party. It was so much fun to see her and her new house. Travis sat down and held the 2 youngest girls. It was the first time I saw so many little girls in his arms. :)
Clint, who hates matchy-matchy clothes, showed up in a white polo, just like my boys. I had to get a picture of it! Usually Sheila and I show up in similar or matching clothes without consulting each other. I love to see the "twin thing" extending to husbands and children.

No comments: