Thursday, July 01, 2010

Branson Vacation - Day 4

I woke up fully rested at 5 am. Of course, going to bed with the kids last night helped. I actually had one of those "too much sleep" headaches. Something I hadn't seen since my 11am Saturday rousings in high school.

A shower and Tylenol made yesterday's memory of misery fade as fast as a New Year's resolution and the only thing on my mind now was whether I would pack the van again in Sheri's way, or re-pack it the "right" way. After a good look, I realized that after 10 years of marriage, either she was getting better at packing, or I was getting better at seeing things her way. Satisfied that either outcome would be a positive one, and since my way consisted only of swapping positions of the pack-n-play and the stroller, I decided the right answer was whichever was closer to completion and closed the hatch door.

Unconcerned that I just lost a mental arguement with myself, I smiled as I passed the kid's chalk drawings on the driveway from the night before. I hollered for the kids to load up and off we headed to Silver Dollar City with our friends.... via Dollar General for some flip-flops. Apparently, one of the kids was too excited and forgot to put on shoes before getting in the van!

One thing I learned early on with kids, is that life is an adventure!! And the fun part is even with the detours and the 30 min drive, we still arrived within the hour the park opened. We had a blast, and managed to capture some pictures with a disposable camera. You should have seen the puzzled look on the kids faces when I tried to explain that they won't see the pictures until sometime next week!

And even better news, the pool folks found our camera! Praise God!! Actually, I would have been just as happy if only the picture card was returned. But after trying to meet each other half way, passing in opposite directions, a few u-turns, and a sneaky hand-off in a cemetary that would make any ATF agent suspicious, we have both the camera and picture card back. Compelete with a "present" from our fantastic friends.
Just in time for Silver Dollar City - Part Deux.

No comments: