Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Branson Vacation - Day 6

For those traveling with multiple kids, I have 2 words for you.... adjoining rooms! It's going to be my new way of vacationing. The money spent was worth the time saved from visiting the local nut-hut that I had already dialed from the yellow pages. I would have been admitted, if I didn't accidentally hang up on them while breaking up a fight over the TV remote.... twice.

But after a few deep breaths, and utilizing the TV's in both rooms, we were able to give the kids some much needed down-time, and I was able to regain some much needed sanity. Compaired to last night, this place seemed like the Taj Mahal, even though it listed the exact same amenities as the previous location.

A good night's rest and tasty continental breakfast helped us recover from the heat and exhaustion of 2 wonderfully fun-filled days at Silver Dollar City. But still numb from sticker-shock at the price of some of the souveniers, we searched for stores that could provide toys on a kid's $10 piggy-bank budget.

Three of the 4 found their souveniers quick enough between Silver Dollar City, the Disney Store, and Wal-Mart. And one would think that a pair of cowboy pistols with matching holsters would be easy to find in Branson... or anywhere in Missouri, for that matter. But after 5 different stores in Branson and 2 extra hours added to our drive home as we hit 4 more stores: a Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Target, and Walgreen's, I finally gave up and ordered them on-line.

So, while the younger kids play with their parasole, golf clubs and Batman (don't ask), legos and GI Joe, and Sheri organizes her new Coach purse, I'll be teaching our oldest about the www.UPS.com/tracking site.

Which all of a sudden makes me wonder, "Hey, where's my souvenier?"



Wife here: I can't think of any souveniers better than the looks on the kids' faces.

However, that's very easy for me to say as I grab my fantastic new purse and head out the door!

No comments: