Thursday, October 16, 2008

HOO-RAH Chris!!

If you don't know someone in the military to pray for, I have a few names I can give you: My brother is in the Army National Guard, my 2 cousins are in the Air Force, and a high school buddy is a chaplain in Illinois Army National Guard.

And now I'm proud to announce that we can add my xbox buddy, Chris to the list. Yesterday, he reported to duty in Texas as a Chaplian in the Missiouri Army National Guard, and as a friend, I couldn't be more proud-- and thankful that guys like my brother, cousins, and friends serve our country, so I can stay at home.

I'm thankful for their sacrifice, so I don't have to sacrifice time with my wife and kids. I'm thankful of the gift that every man and woman in uniform gives me, the ability to play baseball with Cooper, Nintendo with Nelson, wrestle with Maddox, and hold my baby Olivia.

So here's to all those we know in the military. Go Guard- Go Chris!



1 comment:

Rebekah Weinrich said...

Aww...thanks for putting a post about Chris up :). Of course we're talking on the phone every day and so far so good. BTW, you forgot to mention that Cooper and Nelson were sad at Chris' going away dinner...or at least we can remind them of that when they're teenagers :).

Rebekah