Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Our Kindergarten Indian

Cooper came home from school last week with a piece of paper with instructions for an Indian vest. I groaned and cringed when I saw it. I HATE PROJECTS! I'm not artsy at all! I look at creative memory albums with envy. I'm good to get my pictures loaded on Travis's computer and in the right folders. I see homemade jewelry and long to make it. I see cute wall art and decorations and think they would be easy to throw together. Then I'm thrown back into reality. Heck, I can't even hang my UpperCase Living decals alone!!!
Anyway, all that to say. I'm very thankful for the husband I have. He sat down with Cooper on Sunday afternoon and the 2 of them made an amazing Indian vest. When Cooper glued his final piece of maccaroni on Travis exclaimed, "Gosh, I was born for this!" I'm thrilled that he was! I sure wasn't and will never claim that I was.

4 comments:

Erin said...

only Travis would believe he was BORN to glue macaroni to a paper bag...

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel! I don't have an artsy bone in my body.

Erin said...

That's a mighty fine lookin' vest he's got there.

Tonya Olson said...

I'm jealous. I want to make an indian vest! Travis did a terrific job! Now tell him to make one for himself and wear it on Thanksgiving. ;)