Thursday, September 20, 2007

The small things...

Yesterday morning, we left the house early. Maddox was fussy, I know, that's a shock to some of you (eye roll), I needed gas, Sarge was begging for a shower, and Maddox also was in desperate need of diapers. I got to the gas station and the car wash was out of order, oh well, I was still in desperate need of gas. I filled up, got a cup of coffee, loaded with caffine (we only stock decaf at home), and was on my merry way to the next stop. When we got to Kmart I reminded the older 2 boys we were only there for diapers. We were not looking at toys, halloween costumes, or anything else. They weren't allowed to ask me for anything! Cooper being the wise one that he is, asks what is on our list (we are HUGE list shoppers) I told him only diapers. We get the diapers and are in the checkout. I look over all the candy and antisipate what they are going to start asking for, when my eyes freeze.... Staring back at me is a Snickers, but not just any Snickers, DARK Snickers!!!!! I pick it up, pet it, and go to put it back when my stomach starts SCREAMING for it... Not just a quite moan, a scream that could wake the dead. I slide it on the belt and instruct the older 2 to go sit at the end of the lane. Cooper all of a sudden pipes up, "Mommy, that candy isn't on the list" Dang it, I've been caught, hurry up, think fast. I can't think fast, I'm too hungry and too fixated on the dark Snickers. I tell him the truth, Mommy didn't eat breakfast and is starving. I need to try this new candy bar and tell Erin and Grandpa if it's good.
I get the diapers and the candy and get in the car. I can barely think straight to buckle Maddox into his seat. I get the car started, the bar open and I bite into what might be the closest thing to heaven. IT WAS AMAZING! I start heading to Nelson's school, and pick up my phone, first I call my dad who agreed to pass the infomation onto my sister in law, Melissa, another dark chocolate lover, and then I call Erin.
Writing this all down makes me think, the boys and I might have to go on a little field trip this morning to find another one for breakfast...

1 comment:

Katie said...

laughing.