Friday, September 07, 2007

A girlfriend, ALREADY?!?!?

Cooper skipped off the bus today in an exceptionally good mood. He handed me an envelope with his name on it. I went to open it, and he says, "mom, it has my name on it. That's kind of private." Well buddy, if it's so private, don't hand it to me. Inside was a pink balloon, a back scratcher, a top and 4 "notes". One was a picture of a house, a few lines, and another house. Turns out to be a map to his girlfriend's house! She drew it so he would know how to get to her house tomrrow since it's Sat. and there won't be school. (That picture isn't shown, he wouldn't let me see it, he doesn't want to lose it. The kid really thinks he's going to go to her house tomorrow.) There is a picture with "yes" and "no" boxes. She asked him questions and he answered them. I pressed, I wanted to know what kind of questions he was answering. 1. Do you like me? (he said yes) 2. Do you think I'm pretty? (he said yes) 3. Are you my boysfriend? (he said yes) HOLY CRAP!!!! He's 5 yrs old, I didn't have my first serious boyfriend until 3rd grade.(and you can all guess how long that lasted and how "serious" it was.) This kid needs to slow down. He dropped a huge bomb on me on the way home from the library... He says, "Mom, I have to tell you something. Jannelle held my hand a little bit on the way home. We sat in the same seat. I liked it."
I'm now going to go to Home Depot and buy supplies to make him a cage. He's getting locked in it until I determine he's old enough to date.

8 comments:

Van Lente Family said...

NO WAY! That is hilarious! My niece the first day of kindergarten decided to chase the two boys in her class that were scared of girls...her Mom is also worried!! Start building the cages, then market them!! :-)

Rozema Family said...

Girls these days. . .they are so forward :) Little sluts JUST KIDDING!

Erin said...

how's the cage coming?

still laughing just a little.

Cooper is a boysfriend!

K.M.L said...

No way!!! At least you know he can't drive yet! ha!

Anonymous said...

Go playa!!! Very funny. Thanks for the laugh on Monday morning!

Van Lente Family said...

I am starting to feel your pain...Lexi came home with a flower today and it wasn't a dandelion, more like a black-eyed susan. Anyway, she tells me it is from Cameron and that she looves him! :-) Better not tell Daddy!

Katie said...

I'm laughing. a lot. I can still, at least for awhile anyways...

Erin said...

That is hilarious! He's such a stud!