Thursday, July 12, 2007

What a morning!!!!

I get all three boys and the 2 extra kids I've inhereted for the week into the car and go on my merry way to Daily Vacation Bible School. I go to pull out of our subdivision, the car dies. Resart it, it dies. Restart it again, and go. Get to the first stoplight, it dies, restart it and I'm on my way again. Get 5 blocks from the church, it dies, restart it, it dies, restart it, I'm on my way. I pull into the church the car dies, I start it up, it dies. This happened 5 times! I finally got into a parking spot, get the boys in, get my friend who was dropping off her boys and have come listen to my car and look at the lights on the dash with me. We determine it's the engine light. Not a good light to have flash at you. She calls her car dude, I call our insurance company to get roadside assistance. When the insurance people don't call back I call our car dude. The recepionist volunteered to send a couple mechanics out to me to figure out what the problem is. Two guy come out in less than 20 minutes and diagnose my car. I have some scensor out of wack, they take it off and drive me back to the shop to get it fixed. Keep in mind, I still have Maddox and 2 extra kids. They get my part, install it , and give me same as cash for 90 days and send me on my way. I'm back at the church to get the boys before Bible School is over! I'm fuming over the fact that I haven't heard back from the insurance company. I get all 5 kids home, fed, and Maddox in bed. Take a shower, blow dry my hair, and begin doing laundry. STILL NO CALL BACK! Finally, 5 hrs later, the receptionist calls me back, just to tell me I have roadside emergency services, not roadside assistance. This means, if this happens again, I have to contact a tow truck and then submit paperwork for reimbursment. Looks like I will be reworking my policy, and if they don't do roadside assistance I may be looking for a new car insurance carrier.

On a good note, I found out today the Midas Men (that's my new nickname for all the wonderful mechanics) adore me. The recpetionist told me they would have been to me sooner but were fighting over who got to come help me and bring me to the shop. They all told her I was cute and they all wanted to come help me. Wow, I love it that the mechanics think I'm cute!!!!!

1 comment:

Rozema Family said...

I'm tired listening to that story! Eeee gads! That sucks the big one! Nice that you're being fought over :)