Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New "Faces in the Ferris House.

Recently, we discovered that Maddox had this terrible habbit of never making eye contact, but mostly when he was in trouble. When his teacher noticed it as well, we realized it was always his right eye that was never looking at us, so we made an appointment with the eye doctor. We discovered that Maddox has a lazy/wandering eye, so naturally, we felt like stellar parents for constantly yelling, "Look at me when I'm talking to you!"

The doctor was very helpful and thinks that with the correct prescription, his brain will start relying on both eyes for sight, rather than ignoring the one with the bad picture, which was causing his eye to wander. At first, we were concerned that Maddox would not like the idea of glasses until he interrupted us say, "2 things, first I want blue glasses, and I want them to look like Clark Kent."

I suppose when he's older, he'll figure out that Clark Kent's glasses are black, but I figure, I'll buy anything that makes my kid happy about wearing glasses! Maddox was so EXCITED to pick up the glasses, that he even wore his Superman cape to pick them up to make sure they made him look just right.

He looks pretty stinkin' cute in the glasses and I'm happy that he's adjusted well to wearing them; he let's every stranger he meets that he can only take the glasses off for showers, swimming, and sleeping.

The dogs, not wanting Maddox to be the only Ferris with a new look, tried out being heroes for a day. Neither lasted more than 3.7 seconds with the mask on. They have a lot of work to do if they plan to make a career out of going incognito.


No comments: