Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day presents that keep giving!

Remember as a kid how much fun empty boxes were? They gave endless hours of entertainment! We are huge believers in "free fun", and although the items inside the boxes were not exactly free, they were, however, insanely on sale! :) While at the store Maddox lovinly refers to as, "The Orange Store", Travis informed that Home Depot was having a huge sale on patio sets. Knowing how badly I want a patio set, he mentioned it again Sunday night (after an amazing meal of marinated chicken breasts, baked potatoes, and scalloped veggies, if I may say so myself.) I asked him to go look up the store hours while I cleaned up and put leftovers away. I couldn't contain my excitement, so I changed my mind and left him with the table, dishes, and kids and ran upstairs to quickly find the store hours. If we hurried, we had just over an hour to go check things out.

We got to the store and found 2 sets we really liked! Both at 55% off. Travis made the final decision, it was Father's Day after all, and I'm getting a patio set like I've always wanted!! We found out since we had a store account we would get a free rental for the truck, which means we could get the new furniture home and the truck returned all before bedtime. So, we paid for everything and were in the process of giving insurance info and Travis' driver's license when he realized he had left it at home. Rather than having to wait to get the boxes home, I handed them my information. Yep, I drove "The Orange Store" F-350 flatbed truck home and back. It was kind of fun, and secretly, I wanted to run something over!

Now we have an amazing patio set (pictures coming after it gets assembled, it was dark and too hot to deal with last night) and the kids had a box to play with! They have been coloring and playing in that box for almost 2 hrs.





No comments: