Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Branson Vacation - Day 2

Sleeping on a hide-a-bed gave us a rough start this morning. For some reason we thought it would be better to put all 4 kids in the bedroom so we could have some downtime sans kids. Of course, we never contiplated that the lack of sleep from the night before, a long drive, and a full afternoon of swimming would have made us too tired to reach for the flat screen tv remote. Instead, our quality time consisted of unfolding the bed.

A few hours of tossing, turning, and making room for a child or two that needed comforting in order to fall back to sleep in a strange place and I was bright as, well... an overcast day. For a man that can't stand the taste of beer, I began to wonder if this was what a hangover was like.

Surprised that I could stand fully upright, I agreed to work out the kinks by walking to breakfast, an all-you-can-eat smorgasboard breakfast foods, from eggs, bacon, sausage, diced potatoes, pancakes, biscuts and gravy, fruit, cereal, juice and milk.


After breakfast, we played a quick round of miniature golf while we waited for the pool to open. We swam until lunch and Sheri took the older two back for more adventure while I gave the younger ones a nap. It ended up being a win-win as I had the chance to catch the Portugual vs. Spain World Cup game and the mermaid got to hang in her habitat for a bit. It worked out well, because when I joined up with them after naps... er, the game, the older two were swimming across the shallow end without stopping to touch. And after showing off to me everything they learned with mom, the boys had to show off all their other tricks. Even the younger two joined in the fun!

We took a cue from the kids that snack time meant dinner time and afterwards we headed to the outlet mall. After hitting all of Sheri's favorites, Gymboree, Gap Kids, and the Disney Store, I forced her to duck into the Nike store so I could get my man-card back. Although disapointed in their selection, I had enough man-strength in reserve to last through one more store, which Sheri decided to spend it, and my money at the Coach store.

I was surprised it didn't take her long to find something she liked. And I was more surprised to find that my 2 year old girl knows the word, "buy". You'd think she'd get confused and start waving to someone. But NO... this girl turned about-face and started walking to the cashier! All she knew was there was some purchasing going on, and she was going to be a part of it!


I've resigned myself to the fact that this is not the last time I'll watch my little girl spend all my money. I just hope she doesn't need to stand on the counter to do it.


Giddy with their spoils of the day, the girls led us back to the van.

Us guys, however, were anxious for some man-tivities before bed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pic's!! I especially love the last two with Liv standing on the counter in the coach store..My favorite!! Gotta start training her young! Can't wait too see the new bag!!! =) miss you!!!

Rozema Family said...

AWESOME! I adore Liv "buying" Sheri's new purse! Classic!