Thursday, March 05, 2009

Dream big, Nelson, dream big.

Nelson's homework for this week is to fill out a What I Want to Be When I Grow Up page and decorate paper dolls to go with the job.


Travis was sitting with him and trying to help him get started while I was in the other room feeding Olivia. When I came out, Travis was all serious and told me we needed to talk. I figured it was about Cooper and his Summer School registration that is due next week. Nope, It's about #2 and his lofty job ambition.


Job #1 idea: McDonald's (I am not knocking this place at all!!! I know most of the workers at our 2 area ones thanks to the $0.99 44oz Diet Cokes I get) Travis asked him why he would want to do that for his job. His answer, "Dad, they make the best hamburgers and fries." Well, Nelson, when you put it that way.


Job#2 idea: Ninja or Knight. Again, Travis asked him why he wanted to do that. "Dad, they fight the bad guys with swords, knives, and staffs.


After everything was said and done, Travis asked him why he didn't want to be a superhero like Superman, Batman, or Spider man. Nelson looked at him very seriously, and said, "Dad, the kids would make fun of me if I was a superhero, they are fiction. That means they aren't real."


Well, then I guess the most logical choice is to be a Ninja...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brother, I heartly agree with your occupational assessment. I am currently researching a way to leave truck driving and become a ninja.

Rozema Family said...

soda up my nose. . .giggle. . .soda up my nose!