Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back on the wagon.

I haven't blogged in a while. I haven't felt like it. Vacation was amazing. Being away was so nice. The kids loved seeing their cousins, I loved spending time with my sister, and it was just nice to be away from the house. Now that we are home, I'm having a hard time getting motivated to do much of anything. Every task seems so big and cumbersome. I just want to forget about it or ignore it a bit longer. I can't do that. Laundry doesn't do itself. Dust bunnies don't chase themselves out of the living room or kitchen, or hallway. Meals don't cook themselves and dishes certainly don't wash themselves. I'm back in the saddle. I was so motivated today that I even cleaned out Liv's closet. She no longer has to share it with my remaining "teacher" clothes! They are gone, and it feels so good to have that empty rod in there. Tomorrow I might tackle the laundry room closet and see how much I can get rid of in there. Spring cleaning is coming and I'm embracing it with open arms!
The posts have been lacking pictures lately... We haven't been doing much. In addition to just living we are trying to convince Olivia that sleeping through the night is a good thing and she should try to do it. This leaves me very tired in the morning and not wanting to do much of anything, let alone take pictures. But, I don't want to disappoint our public (as small as it may be) so I have added a few shots of the kids in all of their cute glory.



6 comments:

Katie said...

Since you're so motivated, I'll email you w/ my address...

Ferris Family said...

I will gladly clean your house if you will watch my kids while I do it. (I'll do almost anything for a break from this group of monkeys some days)

Dan and Amanda said...

cute! cute! cute!

The DeVries' said...

You are in good company with the sleeping t/o the night. should we get our girls together and give them a stern talking to about how not fun it is for us to get up several times at night? :) Poor you...you have 3 other monkeys to deal with too! But then you just see their cute lil' grins and just melt. Hang in there!

Ferris Family said...

Jen, what seems to be helping is Travis gets up with her during the night. When it's me, she sees me as food...
The first night, it took 50 minutes, the second night 20, the third night 10, the fourth night 5,
and last night she slept through. I'm crossing my fingers that she's finally got it.
I hope your little princess figures it out soon!

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

What great pictures!