Thursday, February 26, 2009

Crazy week

Travis went from going into work in the middle of the night to going in late and not getting home until the boys were getting ready for bed. This past week, we are slowly getting back to normal. Just when I thought I would have more time with him, he agreed to create a Facebook page. He's not glued to that at night reconnecting with high school and college buddies. I love that he has the page, but I want my husband back!
Right after school and tutoring, I have to bring the older 2 up to the church. They are going to be pseudo-famous. They will be staring in a video on Facebook and YouTube.com for our Spring Break Beach Camp at the church. They won't be able to go to beach camp, but they will be advertising it. Thankfully Travis has offered to come straight home from work to make dinner for us. That way we can eat as soon as I get home with the kids and then we can start homework, that will take us until tomorrow morning. ( I hate it when we think we are finished with homework for the week just to find the spelling list that is due in less than 24 hrs from the time it's been uncovered.)

This past week has also been a week of on-going temper tantrums. In the Ferris house, those don't start until the age of 3. Maddox is very advanced! He's not going to be 3 for over 6 months and he's been throwing tantrums for over 2 months... This morning, rather than listening to the yelling and screaming before my coffee kicked in, I allowed him to choose his breakfast. It started out really good. He chose french toast sticks, raisins and milk. He then threw in one more thing.... Cheetos. Yep, the kid had Cheetos for breakfast.

I feel this EXACT same way most afternoon. Poor Liv just rolls over, covers her eyes, and goes to sleep for a couple hrs to escape. If only she would do this at night and "escape" for 8 consecutive hours at a time

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My house had the "terrible 3's" also. Abby turned 2 in January and she is throwing fits now. I was hoping I would have a sweet little girl for a little while longer, but she turned to "monster" over night!!

Bobbie

The DeVries' said...

Makes me feel better that your little gal isn't sleeping t/o the night either....what's with all of these people that have babies our kid's age that sleep 12 hours straight. What gives? :)

Rozema Family said...

HOLY CRAP. . .MAX LOOKS LIKE COOP! I thought it was an old pix of coop=dill when I first glanced at the blog! Woooooah!!

also, your "word verification" is asking me to type pooder. Giggle.