Monday, February 04, 2008

What did I do wrong?!

Last Wednesday, Nelson had to be picked up 40 minutes early from school. He didn't feel well. I got him home, determined he had a fever of 102.3, gave him some Motrin, and put him to bed. 2 hours later he was a brand new kid! Thursday was normal, and Friday was a snow day... Talk about a long end of the week. Saturday we had some errands to run, lunch with a friend and then Cooper and I had a Hanna Montana movie date with some other friends. HE LOVED IT, I enjoyed it too. I enjoyed more the excitement of him wearing the 3-D glasses and trying to catch drumsticks and confetti. Friday and Saturday night Maddox decided that the morning should begin at 2AM and was up every 20 minutes after that until we all got up at 6. Sunday he woke up with a fever of 102.5. We did the bath and Motrin thing, it came down a bit. At one point the fever spiked at just over 103. I called the doctor's exchange. He called back, I gave him all they symptoms and he told me to call this morning and get him in. The child lived on Motrin every 2 hrs. Nelson ended up with another fever around 4:30PM. By 6PM I couldn't take the whining or the confines of the house so I ran to the grocery store for Gatorade (the kids hate pedialyte) and Superbowl food for me and Travis. I got home, we mae nuggets, jalepeno poppers, and pizza, gave the feverish boys Gatorade and sat down to watch the second half of the game. Maddox finally allowed sleep to take over at 7:30 and the rest of us were all in bed before 8:30PM. Travis got up at 1AM to go to work and my bed buddies started finding me before 4AM. Cooper found me first. With a fever of 102.7. I gave him Motrin and had to beg him not to touch me because he was so hot. After 35 minutes of no change I threw him into a bath with a glass of Gatorade. I got him out, and we went back to bed. About that time Maddox found my bed. Thankfully, he was fever free, just snotty... Nelson woke up right after 7, yep, with a fever! Now I'm just waiting until the doctor's office opens so I can make an appointment for all 3 boys!
Seroiously, what did I do wrong to deserve this on a Monday?!?!?!!?

1 comment:

Van Lente Family said...

On a Monday after a long, very long weekend! I hope hey are better soon and back in school!!!