Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Only one of mine..

I had the plessure and privilage of going to the social security office first thing Monday morning. Most of you know how much I love (this is sarcasm) going out alone with the three boys. The accountant called and said without Maddox's SS# he couldn't continue filing our taxes. After an hour on the phone with the hospital and vital records in Jefferson City we were able to trace Maddox's SS# all the way to the SS office.
I loaded up the boys and headed out. When I got there, I had to wait behind 10 other people. You are aware that government offices move very quickly and want to get you in and out (again, extreme sarcasm). I'm sitting on the floor with the boys becasue there are no chairs available. Thankfully I thought ahead and made sure the older 2 boys brought along 2 toys each. Don't worry, they were small, no large trucks, no noisy things, just little things to entertain themselves with. Maddox started fussing so I started tending to him. All of a sudden I hear the security gaurd say, "hey buddy, wanna kleenex?" Then I hear Nelson, "no I'm good, I pick my boogers with my finger."
I can feel my face getting flush... "Nelson, get your finger out of your nose! That's gross, and it's really bad manners."
"Mom, look, I got a big one!" Now I'm on my feet to rertrieve the offered kleenex. I get back to him to get the booger, and he says, "I don't need that, I just ate it!" All of this is said in a normal/loud voice for the entire office to hear!!!! Now I really want to leave, but I can't, there are still 5 people ahead of me....
I swear, I'm never leaving the house alone with them again!!!! At least not without boxes of kleenex, purel hand sanitizer, and a quick lesson in whispering.

1 comment:

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!