Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Snow days

We have had 6 snow days since Christmas. If we reach 10 we don't have to make them up at the end of the year.

When the news started reporting a blizzard people went crazy! They were all nervous about running out of bread, eggs, and milk; I never knew french toast was such a popular snowed-in food! I wasn't worried about those 3 things, I have 3 loaves of bread in the freezer, 2 dozen eggs in the fridge, and 2 gallons of milk (this is normal with 4 kids and me trying to only grocery shop once every 2 weeks). We were out of much more crucial things... ice cream, pop, and wine!!! I did venture out Monday afternoon to make sure we had plenty of the "essentials".






Toby hates cold so much he would rather sit on a person than on the floor. Maddox was nice enough to let Toby sit in his lap for a while (read 30 seconds).




Travis and I decided to do something "fun" for dinner tonight. We roasted hot dogs in the fireplace. We called it an indoor camp out! I made pasta salad and cookies this afternoon so we would have all the makings of a good ole' fashioned camping meal. I love that I'm inside (warm and dry).









Toby and Tallie were fascinated with the snow. Toby hated the cold, so he would go out for 45 seconds, come in, and then go out 30 minutes later. Tallie was very content outside for as long as I would let her be out there.


No comments: