Thursday, February 18, 2010

Time for a new adventure...

I have been a stay at home mom for 8 years (tomorrow). In September I'm going to try something new... I'm going to be a stay at home mom and a teacher. I have been offered the opportunity to go back to work, take Maddox and Olivia with me, but not have Olivia glued to my hip. The latter gives me great joy!!!! I love that little girl, but she makes the spider monkey we reffered to as Nelson look so tame and mild. I can barely shower without her pounding on the door and screaming becasue she's not touching me for those 6.3 minutes (seriously, it's that short! I can't take the screaming after that.)
I will be away from the house 3 days a week from the time the older 2 catch the bus until about 45 minutes before they come home. I guess that means I have to take this spring and summer to create an actual schedule to maximize my 2 full days at home every week.

4 comments:

K.M.L said...

Congrats!!! Where are you teaching? Grade? We need details! So excited and happy for you!

Billie Jo said...

You'll have to update us with the transition. This is a subject that lingers on my mind quite often, as down the road, i'll have to re enter the work force as well. I've been a SAHM for 7 1/2 years, it was a huge adjustment at first, but now the idea of leaving the home, is a scarey one....good luck!

Ferris Family said...

I will be teaching at a church pre-K. The older 2 boys both went to the school and now Maddox and Olivia will too :)
Billie Jo, it's going to be a huge transition, I'm already a little scared and nervous, but at least I have 7 months to wrap my head around it.

The DeVries' said...

Oh, wow! I'm jealous!! :) Seriously, I would love that opportunity! Don't worry--you'll be fantastic and Liv will be old enough by then that you don't have to worry about all of the "baby" issues, etc. CONGRATS! :) I know you'll rock!! :)