Sunday, June 15, 2008

Crazy weekend, leads to a crazy week.

We had the entire weekend planned out. Little projects around the house to get ready for our family vacation starting Wednesday. We had every intention of getting started Friday night. We went and picked up a new phone for Travis and then had to come home and deal with an aweful migraine that snuck up on Cooper. Poor kid was miserable.
We sat on the couch and made a "game plan" for Saturday. All of that went out the window when the phone rang at 10:45 that night. It was the pastor asking for help with meals for 2 teams of workers that were at the church until this morning. Saturday was spent running to Sam's Club getting necessary things for our vacation (supplies to cook 2 meals that need to feed a minimum of 25 people. Yes, Travis comes from a HUGE family). We also had to run to Verizon to try to get the archic phone that Travis has been using for 3 yrs transfered to his brand new chocolate slider phone (yes, he got a great Father's Day gift). Come to find out, the charger port was fried, no can do. He had to enter in over 85 contacts, several of which had more than one phone number. I then picked up over 40 pieces of chicken and headed over to the church to get lunch set up for the teams that were working. We fed them, cleaned up after them, and came home. I managed to nap for over 2 hrs instead of using that time to clean, do laundry and pack... I went back t o the the church at 5 to set up dinner. I finally made it home after that adventure right before 8. I changed and just layed on the couch with my book. This morning we got up and all of us were at the church at 8:30AM so I could make pancakes for 15 youth and their chaperones. We went from church downtown to Busch Stadium. We got to enjoy the beautiful summer weather sitting at the ballpark watching the Cardinals win. Tonight I finally tackeled Mt. Laundry. I can *almost* see the seat of my comfy green chair... Maybe by tomorrow afternoon.
Tomorrow and Tuesday we have to finish up our housework and pack the suitcases and cooler. Wednesday afternoon we are off to Pigeon Forge, TN with an overnight pitstop in KY to visit with Erin!!!!!
No pictures tonight, the camera died at the ballpark when I tried to get pictures of Travis and the boys... Sorry. I'll make up for it with great vacation pictures, I promise.

No comments: